This research text looks into ubiquitous computing and explores how it changes human perception, societies, the economy and perhaps even what it means to be human.
It was produced as a final year dissertation at Ravensbourne. This text is not a historic analysis, but a critical report of observations underpinned by primary and secondary research.
Insights for this research came from experts from design, psychology and sociology:
– Chuck Cummins, Microsoft
– Paul De´Ath, Victor Szilagyi and Dean Butcher, Samsung Design Europe
– Elizabeth Roche, frog design
– Prof. Dr. Dr. Friedrich Hesse, Knowledge Media Research Center
– Dr. Anke Wahl, University of Tübingen
– Florian Ortkrass and Stuart Wood, rAndom International